Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Do you speak Italian?" (spanish? greek? russian?)

First of all, a special thanks to Theresa for suggesting books!! Where are the rest of you? hmmm? I know sometimes it can be really difficult to post, but you are all smart people, you can do it!

Yesterday after the boards exam, I went to the Greensboro mall for lunch.  There was a Greek/Mediterranean place I decided to try.  You know what's better than a delicious greek pita? A delicious greek pita made by a deliciously handsome greek man with an accent. He opened his mouth and said "do you want felafel?" and I almost fell in love. *siiigh* Just one of the many reasons I want to go to Greece.

What is it about the Greeks? And you know, it's not just the Greeks. I also love the Spaniards and the Italians "ciao" (eddie izzard anyone? no Eddie Izzard is not italian. he is a British "executive transvestite" but he does a great bit about the italians "always on scooters going ciao") Anyway, maybe its that gorgeous bronze mediterranean skin. And the fooood!!! Give me a foreign chef any day of the week. The food over there is out of this world. Even the simplest things are delicious (feta, fettucini, bruchetta, patatas bravas, tortilla). Plus the romantic accent. "Do you speak Italian?" - A Fish Called Wanda... here's one of the many "do you speak italian" scenes!! (then it turns to russian... haha ohh the foreign languages/accents). I wonder, when we are abroad are we more attractive as Americans? Or does the world see you as just another annoying American. 

Speaking of funny movies like A Fish Called Wanda, there's a really funny play going on at the little local theater. It's called "Lend Me a Tenner" and it's hilarious! It's a farce about an opera singer. I wouldn't do it justice trying to describe it, but you should definitely see it.  It reminded me a lot of Noises Off (another must see). 

Last night my parents treated me to a fancy dinner at Chef Warrens. Delicious as always, and they weren't too busy so we actually got to spend some time talking with Marianne and Warren. Sadly they didn't have any of my favorite chocolate mousse, but luckily enough I was promised some today, so I will be revisiting them this afternoon!!

A celebratory chocolate mousse as I have PASSED THE BOARDS! I am now an official licensed Physical Therapist. :) Goodbye school. Hello real world (and a paycheck!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment