Monday, November 29, 2010

"there are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them" - vicki baum

OK, so the quote doesn't really have much to do with anything in this post. Other than the fact I've been dancing around today for exercise, mostly because I'm going crazy with studying... but until we get to that...

Determination, my friends, determination!

About what you may ask? Well let me tell you, about this blog! As you can tell I am a very busy bee and have hardly any time to write! (not entirely true, just sometimes I would rather drink wine and read a good book snuggled under the blankets while watching the snow fall!)  But my friends, I've decided since we are all such busy bees, I will try to stick with this a little bit longer and maybe just have shorter, more frequent blog events!

Today was very very busy (ha). I returned my redbox movie: Letters to Juliet - definitely a cheesy romantic movie, yet wonderful if you like that kind of thing. I may or may not have leaked a few tears, although the ending was absurd! I took my skis to the shop to get tuned. I realized this weekend while I was skiing with my sister that my skis can't handle the late afternoon/early season ice patches, they slide right over and I almost bite the dust! Plus my parents will be here in two weeks and we are going for a 3 day ski vacation, so my skiis need to be in shape! Then I got some groceries, some wine, and spent the rest of the day studying and planning my week.

Studying you ask? Aren't you a doctor already? Well yes I am (still surreal) but I am taking yet another certification test on Saturday. The CSCS - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist exam. I'm nervous!! I feel like I've hardly studied at all. Hopefully my PT background will help me!

Next Monday, I am in charge of the clinic as my bosses are off to a Titleist certification course (yep that's a PT course specializing in golf training and rehab). I'm really nervous, but also excited. I'm just concerned one of the techs (who is basically my age) wont listen. I'm definitely still transitioning from student to PT, and need to take more initiative/control with the techs. I'm also praying that nobody gets sick, or has exacerbations, or sudden adverse events during the day I am alone! Not that I haven't handled two of those already since working here, but it's awful calling 911 - and worse when you don't have your wonderful mentors telling you how well you handled it and helping calm you down! No, the incidents were not my fault. They both have conditions where these adverse events could happen anywhere, and they just happened to be in my treatment session. Although sadly I think it did scare one of my less mentally sound patients away.

Tonight I had dinner again with Carolyn and Paul. They are so wonderful! They had me over for Thanksgiving last week and I had a blast with Carolyn's family, who I haven't seen in at least ten years. Hoorah for old friends!

Thank you so much my dear readers for sticking with me! You are all very wonderful! I have had readers recently from the UK and New Zealand even! Welcome new friends :)

1 comment:

  1. yes, letters to juilet was very high on the cheeseball factor! I give it an 8 in cheeseyness!

    ReplyDelete