Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Oh Great Pumpkin, where are you?" - Linus

Happy Humpday!


That never gets old for me! 

This weekend I spent all day Saturday at a PT conference. The morning was interesting, but the afternoon dragged on a bit. I needed LOTS of coffee. Then that evening I went to Carolyn's house with Katie (my friend from Denver/Southern Pines) for a pumpkin carving party and game night. Here is my amazing pumpkin!! (I cheated a little and bought one of those kits with the designs... shh don't tell) ;)





Then Katie and I tried to go to Bristol Brewery (right near my house) but they were closed! And it wasn't even midnight! Toto, we're not in Atlanta anymore! So we abandoned and just went home and watched love actually and crashed (well she watched love actually, I passed out since i had been up since 5:30 AM at the conference).  The next morning we went a delicious breakfast place called the Olive Branch and they had amaaaazing fresh squeezed OJ (and also delicious food). YUM! Then we went shopping for Halloween costumes. My work has a Disney themed costume contest and pot-luck on Friday that I'm really excited about. I'm going to be Jessie from toy story.

So we basically bought a bunch of fabric from this fabric store, which let me tell you was an experience! The place was PACKED. We picked out fabric, then pulled a number so they could cut it for us. We were number 78 and they were only on number 42, so we waited for half an hour and tried to find chap patterns in about a hundred pattern books, among a ton of moms and screaming kids trying to get fabric for last minute halloween costumes. So I had cow print/dalmation print pattern and plain yellow fabric, and I had no idea how much I needed so I kept asking the lady how much would this be...etc etc. Finally she goes "what on earth are you making?!" I told them and she was very excited, the lady working next to us even turned and said "oooooh" and started making suggestions. Anyway it was chaotic and kind of a nightmare!  So we stopped by the Brewery...which WAS open on Sunday and you CAN purchase alcohol... Toto, we're not in the Bible Belt anymore. 

So we bought some delicious beer: Winter Warlock  and Cheyenne Canon Ale


We took it home to drink while we put together costumes. I successfully made cow-print (more like dalmation print, but close enough) chaps and a giant belt buckle from cardboard. Here is the costume making process in photos!

Katie crafting the belt buckle
Chaps in the making




Chaps!





Jessie and the Gang


                                    
my version!


I find this kinda adorable



Katie is Betty Davis for Halloween

Katie's version


Final Product!!


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment